Resources For Living in Huntsville Texas
What is the Huntsville TX crime rate?
According to the most recent data available from the FBI's Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) program, the crime rate in Huntsville, TX, for 2020 was 4,238.1 per 100,000 population. This includes both violent crimes and property crimes.
To provide some context, the national crime rate for 2020 was 3,099.0 per 100,000 population. This means that Huntsville's crime rate is higher than the national average.
It's important to note that crime rates can vary by neighborhood and other factors. It's always a good idea to research the specific area where you are considering living to get a better sense of the local crime rate. Additionally, it's always a good idea to take steps to protect yourself and your property, such as locking doors and windows, installing a security system, and being aware of your surroundings.
What are the best family neighborhoods in Huntsville TX?
Huntsville, TX has several family-friendly neighborhoods to consider. Here are some of the best:
- Elkins Lake: Elkins Lake is a gated community located just north of Huntsville. It features a golf course, several lakes, and other amenities such as swimming pools and tennis courts. It's a great option for families who enjoy outdoor activities and a tight-knit community.
- Wildwood Shores: Wildwood Shores is a waterfront community located on Lake Conroe, about 30 minutes south of Huntsville. It features a marina, clubhouse, swimming pools, and other amenities. It's a great option for families who enjoy boating, fishing, and other water activities.
- Ravenwood Village: Ravenwood Village is a newer neighborhood located on the west side of Huntsville. It features a community park, walking trails, and other amenities. It's a great option for families who want a newer home in a family-friendly community.
- Sterling Ridge: Sterling Ridge is a master-planned community located on the east side of Huntsville. It features a community pool, playgrounds, and other amenities. It's a great option for families who want a newer home with easy access to shopping, dining, and other amenities.
- Westridge: Westridge is a family-friendly neighborhood located on the west side of Huntsville. It features a community park, walking trails, and other amenities. It's a great option for families who want a home in a quiet neighborhood with easy access to schools and other amenities.
These are just a few of the family-friendly neighborhoods in Huntsville, TX. It's always a good idea to do your research and visit the neighborhoods and the points of interest in the area that you are interested in to get a sense of the community and amenities.
What are the best schools in Huntsville, TX?
Huntsville, TX has several schools to choose from, including public, private, and charter schools. Here are some of the best schools in the area:
- Huntsville Independent School District: Huntsville ISD is the main public school district in the area, serving students from pre-K through 12th grade. The district has several highly-rated schools, including Samuel W. Houston Elementary School, Stewart Elementary School, Huntsville Intermediate School, Huntsville Middle School, and Huntsville High School.
- Alpha Omega Academy: Alpha Omega Academy is a private Christian school serving students from kindergarten through 12th grade. The school is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI) and offers a rigorous academic program.
- Faith Lutheran School: Faith Lutheran School is a private Christian school serving students from pre-K through 8th grade. The school has a strong emphasis on character development and offers a challenging academic program.
- Huntsville Classical Academy: Huntsville Classical Academy is a public charter school serving students from kindergarten through 10th grade. The school follows a classical education model and focuses on developing critical thinking skills and a love of learning.
- Samuel W. Houston Elementary School: Samuel W. Houston Elementary School is a highly-rated public elementary school in Huntsville, serving students from pre-K through 5th grade. The school has a strong emphasis on academic excellence and character development.
These are just a few of the best schools in Huntsville, TX. It's always a good idea to research and visit the schools you are considering to get a better sense of their academic programs and culture.
What are the activities for kids in Huntsville, TX?
Huntsville, TX offers a variety of activities for kids of all ages. Here are some of the top options:
- Sam Houston Memorial Museum: The Sam Houston Memorial Museum offers a fun and educational experience for kids of all ages. The museum features exhibits on the life and legacy of Sam Houston, as well as interactive activities and events.
- Huntsville State Park: Huntsville State Park is a great place for kids to explore nature and the outdoors. The park features hiking and biking trails, fishing and swimming areas, and camping facilities.
- Cinestar of Huntsville Movie theater: Huntsville has a movie theater that shows the latest blockbusters, making it a fun and easy activity for kids.
- Huntsville Public Library: The Huntsville Public Library offers a variety of programs and activities for kids, including storytime, craft activities, and summer reading programs.
- Walker County Fair: The Walker County Fair is an annual event that takes place in Huntsville, featuring carnival rides, games, livestock shows, and other family-friendly activities.
- Sports activities: Huntsville has several sports facilities and programs for kids, including youth soccer, baseball, and basketball leagues.
- Huntsville Family YMCA: The Huntsville Family YMCA offers a variety of programs and activities for kids, including swimming lessons, youth sports leagues, and summer day camps.
These are just a few of the many activities for kids in Huntsville, TX. With its natural beauty, strong community, and family-friendly atmosphere, Huntsville has plenty to offer kids of all ages.