Benefits of RV Storage/Parking
RV Storage / Parking Options
RV storage refers to storing recreational vehicles (RVs) in a secure and convenient location, often in a self-storage facility. RVs are typically large and require special storage considerations, which is why many people choose to store them in a dedicated RV storage facility. Here are some key points to consider about RV storage:
Types of RV Storage
There are several types of RV storage available, including:
- Outdoor storage: This is the most common type of RV storage, where RVs are parked in a secure lot, often surrounded by a fence and with video surveillance.
- Covered storage: This type of storage provides a roof over the RV to protect it from the elements while still allowing for easy access.
- Indoor storage: This is the most secure and expensive option, where RVs are stored inside a building with limited access.
Benefits of RV Storage
There are several benefits to storing your RV in a dedicated RV storage facility, including:
- Security: RV storage facilities often have security measures such as surveillance cameras, gated access, and on-site managers to deter theft and vandalism.
- Convenience: RV storage facilities often have easy access to major highways and are located near popular RV destinations.
- Protection from the elements: Outdoor storage can expose RVs to the elements, such as sun, rain, and snow, which can cause damage over time. Covered or indoor storage can provide additional protection.
- Space-saving: Storing your RV at a storage facility can free up space at your home or property.
Tips for RV Storage
Here are some tips to keep in mind when storing your RV:
- Winterize your RV: If you plan on storing your RV during the winter, make sure to winterize it properly to prevent any damage from freezing temperatures.
- Empty all tanks: Empty all water tanks, sewer tanks, and holding tanks to prevent any odors or leaks while in storage.
- Cover your RV: If storing your RV outdoors, consider covering it with a breathable, waterproof cover to protect it from the elements.
- Check on it regularly: Visit your RV storage facility periodically to check on your RV and make sure it is still in good condition.
- Prepare your RV for storage: Follow the manufacturer's instructions for preparing your RV for storage, such as removing batteries, disconnecting propane tanks, and covering vents.
RV storage is a great option for those who want to keep their RVs safe, secure, and protected from the elements. With the variety of storage options available, RV owners can find a solution that fits their needs and budget.