Benefits of Climate-Controlled Storage
Climate-controlled storage units are designed to maintain a consistent temperature and humidity level, which is ideal for storing items that are sensitive to extreme temperatures and humidity changes. These units are typically kept at a temperature range between 55°F and 85°F and are kept at a constant humidity level.
Benefits of Climate-Controlled Storage
Here are some of the main benefits of using climate-controlled storage:
- Protection from extreme temperatures: Climate-controlled units can help prevent damage to sensitive items that can be affected by extreme heat or cold. These include items such as electronics, wooden furniture, photographs, and antiques.
- Protection from humidity: Climate-controlled storage units help protect against high humidity, which can cause mold and mildew growth. This can be especially important in areas with high humidity levels.
- Increased security: Many climate-controlled storage facilities have additional security measures in place, such as security cameras, alarms, and on-site security personnel.
- Better air quality: Climate-controlled units typically have better air filtration systems, which can help reduce dust and other particles that can damage sensitive items.
- Extended lifespan of items: By protecting items from extreme temperatures and humidity levels, climate-controlled storage can help extend the lifespan of stored items.
Items that Benefit from Climate-controlled Storage
Here are some of the common items that are best stored in a climate-controlled environment:
- Electronics and appliances
- Wood and leather furniture
- Clothing, linens, and textiles
- Artwork and photographs
- Musical instruments
- Important documents and paperwork
- Collectibles and antiques
Is Climate-controlled Storage Right for You?
Whether or not you should choose climate-controlled storage depends on your specific storage needs and the items you plan to store. Here are a few questions to consider:
- Do you plan to store items that are sensitive to temperature and humidity changes?
- Will you be storing items for an extended period of time?
- Do you live in an area with extreme temperature or humidity levels?
- Are the items you plan to store valuable or irreplaceable?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, climate-controlled storage may be the best choice for you.
- Consistent temperature: Maintains a stable temperature within the storage unit.
- Protection: Preserves sensitive items that can be damaged by extreme temperatures.
- Moisture regulation: Controls humidity levels to prevent mold, mildew, and other moisture-related damage.
- Preservation: Safeguards valuables and delicate items from humidity damage.
- Reduced risk: Minimizes the likelihood of damage due to temperature and humidity fluctuations.
- Peace of mind: Ensures your belongings are protected from environmental factors.
- Additional security: Indoor access to units adds an extra layer of security.
- Comfort: Allows tenants to access their belongings in a comfortable, climate-controlled environment.
Selecting Items for Storage
- Store items that are sensitive to temperature and humidity changes.
- Examples: Electronics, musical instruments, artwork, photographs, and important documents.
- Use acid-free boxes or plastic bins for added protection.
- Avoid using plastic bags or wrapping, as they can trap moisture.
- Check on your belongings periodically to ensure they remain in good condition.
- Address any signs of moisture or damage promptly.
By offering climate-controlled storage options, AAA Storage facilities cater to tenants who need to store sensitive or valuable items that require stable temperature and humidity conditions. These units provide an extra level of protection and peace of mind, ensuring that your belongings remain in optimal condition throughout their storage duration.