Benefits of Boat Storage
Boat Storage Options
Boat storage is a common use for self-storage facilities, especially in areas near lakes, rivers, or the coast. Storing your boat at a self-storage facility has many benefits, including protection from the elements, security, and convenience.
Types of Boat Storage
There are various types of boat storage available at self-storage facilities, including:
- Outdoor storage: This is the most basic type of boat storage, where the boat is stored in a designated outdoor parking space. This option is usually the most affordable, but it provides minimal protection from the elements and may not be as secure as other options.
- Covered storage: Covered storage provides some protection from the elements and usually involves a covered parking space. It is more expensive than outdoor storage, but it provides more protection from the weather.
- Indoor storage: Indoor storage is the most expensive option, but it provides the best protection from the elements and the most security. Boats are typically stored in individual units, similar to a garage.
Benefits of Boat Storage
Storing your boat at a self-storage facility can provide numerous benefits, including:
- Protection from the elements: Boats are expensive investments, and exposure to the elements can cause damage to the exterior and interior. Storing your boat in a covered or indoor storage unit can protect it from rain, wind, hail, and other weather conditions.
- Security: Most self-storage facilities have security measures in place to protect your belongings, including boats. Security features may include surveillance cameras, gated access, and security personnel. Storing your boat at a self-storage facility can provide peace of mind knowing that your boat is safe and secure.
- Convenience: Storing your boat at a self-storage facility can be more convenient than storing it at a marina. Self-storage facilities are typically located near major highways and may have extended hours of operation, making it easy to drop off or pick up your boat whenever it's convenient for you.
- Cost-effective: Self-storage facilities offer a range of storage options at various price points. Compared to renting a slip at a marina, storing your boat at a self-storage facility can be more cost-effective in the long run.
Tips for Storing Your Boat
To ensure that your boat remains in good condition while in storage, follow these tips:
- Clean your boat thoroughly before storing it.
- Drain all water from the boat, including the bilge and engine.
- Disconnect the battery and store it separately.
- Cover your boat with a high-quality boat cover.
- Check on your boat periodically to make sure it is in good condition and hasn't sustained any damage.
Storing your boat at a self-storage facility can provide numerous benefits, including protection from the elements, security, and convenience. When choosing a storage facility, consider the type of storage you need, the facility's security measures, and the cost. By following the tips for storing your boat, you can ensure that your boat remains in good condition while in storage.